At Emirates, we believe in connecting the world, to and through, our global hub in Dubai; and in constantly innovating to ensure our customers Fly Better. Our Business Process Automation team makes this possible by improving our corporate efficiencies through robotics and AI automation. Do you want to play a part in that journey and engineer innovative robots powered with intelligence to be used by our stakeholders? Join us in cosmopolitan Dubai as a Senior Technical Software Engineer, and make your mark on the aviation world by developing world class technical solutions.
You will ideally have experience of working in the design, development and deployment of hardware robots and experience integrating robots using system APIs with enterprise systems. You will also ideally have knowledge of different types of robots used in different industries alongside AI/ML knowledge to integrate into robots.
As our Senior Technical Software Engineer, you will support in driving and implementing software engineering strategies, standards and guidelines in the assigned feature team. Collaborate with the team to develop business critical technical solutions through the application of software programming, robust engineering practices and built in quality. Your responsibilities will also include planning/estimation, application development, deployment, release, hyper-care and operation of developed solutions. You will provide technical leadership to the assigned team in the software development lifecycle
What Youll Do
· Collaborate with the team to deliver technical design, development and deployment of complex solutions within relevant product. Carry out effective technical design reviews to ensure that the right architecture patterns are used by the team.
· Drive the adoption of Engineering practices, implement development process automation, lean software development, built-in-quality, test driven development, agile practices, and timely root cause analysis and blameless incident post-mortems.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to determine viability of solutions. Evaluate current problems, future requirements and existing solutions in medium to large projects to enable high level design and drive proof-of-concepts and implement prototypes to validate ideas.
· Investigate, debug and fix complex issues involving corner cases and rare conditions. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· Contribute to sprint/work design and planning by providing subject matter expertise on business domain and relevant technologies and actively contribute to technology specific community of practices.
· Manage and mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities. Responsible for their technical deliveries and adherence to design and coding standards and practices.
· Ensure optimal use of enterprise application platforms, tools and libraries in line with the approved technology architecture.
· Responsible for corrective, adaptive, preventative and perfective maintenance of products in collaboration with other capabilities for the relevant product.
What You Will Bring To The Team
5+ Years experience in Information Technology
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent): Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
Experience in Software Engineering
Experience of developing advanced/Complex technology Software solutions for large, complex organisations in a multi-functional environment.
Solid experience in data modelling , systems design and expert coder in the technology listed in the skills category
Experience in providing production support for business solutions using ITIL framework – Deep experience in Full stack development capabilities covering all layers ( i.e UI/Middleware and Databases)
Expert in Technology technical evaluation, vendor selection and technology vendor management using data driven models
Implementation of contemporary engineering practices like lean software development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment
Establishing and managing leveraging technology platforms for DevOps, Code Management, Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment for ensuring robust and reliable code base is always maintained.